Support employees by providing opportunities to gain the skills and confidence needed to excel, thus empowering, strengthening and inspiring them to reach their full potential professionally and personally.
Programs under the Institute
- Tuition Assistance and Education Benefits – Applications are available to full time employees each spring for courses beginning in fall. Please read Policy 208, at Team Plano, for more information.
- Skillsoft Online Training Portal – More than 1,500 courses available; from Customer Service to Project Management.
- Leadership for the 21st Century – This six-month program is designed for the newly promoted supervisor/manager, the emerging leader, or as a refresher for the experienced leader.
- Management Preparation Program of Plano (MP3) – This is a one year training program that provides selected candidates the opportunity to develop skills necessary for executive positions.
- Managers Roundtable – Twelve-month program for directors and managers.
- Administrative Professionals – Courses designed for the administrative professional.
- Supervisor Training – Courses designed for supervisors, or those planning to move into a supervisory position.
- Professional Development for all employees – Check out Team Plano for upcoming classes.
- University of Texas at Dallas Local Government Management Certificate Program (UTD LGM) – Every two years, applications are available to employees who would like to pursue graduate level course work in local government management. This is a five-semester series of courses taken at UTD.
- Texas Certified Public Manager Program (CPM) – Applications are sent to qualified applicants each year. This is a year-long program is offered by Texas State University. Upon graduation, the employee will receive a Certified Public Manager certificate and the designation of CPM. Classes are held monthly in Arlington.